What does my dog need?
- To be more than 4 months old and have all shots current
What if it rains?
- There will be no class if it rains. Cancelled classes will be posted on website (calendar tab) OR call (512)751-9359 for latest updates.
How big are the classes?
- Class size on average is max 10 owner/dog pairs. If class size grows bigger, a 2nd instructor will be added. Anyone can join at anytime providing there is space available.
What level of training is required?
- Your dog should know sit, stay, down, come, and be able to walk on a leash. If your dog behaves and
you easily have control of your dog, you and your dog will have a better time.
- Please note - this is NOT a training class. There will be some training tips offered, but this class will not focus on correcting your dog. The focus of class is on exercise.
- If it is determined your dog is not fit for group sessions, you may be asked to not take class with your dog. If this is the case, your enrollment will be refunded.
Can I bring 2 dogs?
- 1 dog per person to ensure safety for all clients.
What sort of people participate?
- All ages/all fitness levels participate and are welcome!
- Modifications for exercises are be shown so that levels from beginners to advanced will get a workout.
What if I can't go to the time/location I signed up for?
- Time/location signup on registration and on payment is to give us an idea of where clients will take class - you can go to any location/time.
- For those signing up for any of the week timeframes - you can attend class as many times during the week(s) as you want. You are not limited to the location (or time) you signed up for.
What is the sign-up process?
- Go to the registration page and fill out the questionnaire. Select class options and make payment from the FitDog Camps page or the Payment page. You can pay either on-line or by check payable to FitDog Austin and bring check to class.
- You need to sign a waiver prior to taking your first class. You can either print it out (available at bottom of Registration tab), sign, and bring to class, or there will be copies available at class for you to sign.
- Pre-class assessments will be available to enable you to track your progress. Contact us for further information. Arrangements can be made to meet prior to class for initial assessment for you (pre-measurements and fit test if desired) and for dog (to ensure dog is fit for group sessions). It only takes a few minutes.
What will we do in class?
- Structure may be different from class to class, and will include a variety of exercises alternating between cardio activities and muscular activities.
- Aerobic Activities: from walking, to running, to sprinting
- Agility Activities: from cones, to ladders, to hurdles
- Core Strengthening
- Balance Work
- Weight Work